Green Bean Beef Bake
This recipe has been in our family for ages. We take it to just about every get-together...folks always rave about it. I like that it's so simple to prepare.—Eileen Jahn, Detroit, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut or French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup and mushrooms; mix well. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, egg and milk; beat until light and fluffy. Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Green Bean Beef Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book