Green Bean & Balsamic Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1-3/4 cups cubed English cucumber
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber and beans. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 161 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 24, 2016
Really, really good. I used steamed beans from the frozen section. I would cook the beans a little longer if you like them more tender.
Aug 27, 2014
have made something similar to this for years and this turned out well, especially the dressing. however, I would cook the beans a minute or so longer to add a little more tender to the crisp.
Aug 7, 2013
I've made this twice in the last week! Great way to use fresh veggies from the garden, and everybody loved it!
Jul 28, 2012
This has a great tangy flavor! Lil Man declared OMGoodness at his first bite. I think next time I'll add some small cubes of fresh mozzarella for a little something extra.