Green Bean Bake
Your family will fall for this deliciously different green bean casserole. Lemon zest adds the right amount of tartness.—Scott Carpenter, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen French-style green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in the sour cream, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Drain beans; add sauce and gently stir until coated.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 181 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Betsy's Green Bean Casserole in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.