VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen French-style green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in the sour cream, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Drain beans; add sauce and gently stir until coated.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Green Beans in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p121