Green Bean and Blue Cheese Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place the beans in a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Add the blue cheese, olives, oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Jan 25, 2010
I'm on the fence on whether I would make it again. It's one of those recipes that are interesting and different enough to hold my attention but also makes me question how much I like it...I shall see how I feel with the leftovers :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.