Green Bean and Blue Cheese Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place the beans in a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Add the blue cheese, olives, oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2010
I'm on the fence on whether I would make it again. It's one of those recipes that are interesting and different enough to hold my attention but also makes me question how much I like it...I shall see how I feel with the leftovers :)