This crispy salad from Pat Walter of Pine Island, Minnesota is a snap to make with convenient frozen green beans and peas. Diced pimientos add a dash of color, and the sweet-sour dressing adds flavor to this appealing toss.
Recommended: Vintage Recipes From the '50s Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, water and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean 'N' Pea Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p8