- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cubed
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, optional
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender, adding green beans during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Transfer potatoes and green beans to a large bowl; add onion and, if desired, mint. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forGreen Bean & Potato Salad
"I liked the green beans in this,since it made the starch and veggie together so no extra dishes to make. Ithought the dressing was tasty but this needed something to add a wow factor."