Serve the fast fillets alongside Green 'n' Gold Veggies shared by Opal Sanders of Glouster, Ohio. The buttery skillet side dish features beans, corn and green onions and works well with nearly any main course. "I use canned corn and green beans when I'm really in a hurry," says Opal. Fresh corn is nice when it's available, too. Regardless, the results are always well received at get-togethers."
Recommended: 17 Green Foods to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a large saucepan, bring beans and water to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the corn, salt, sugar, celery salt and paprika. Drain beans; add to corn mixture. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green 'N' Gold Veggies in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p14