Looking to highlight your meal with something light, indulgent and golden on top? Turn to this Greek-style egg bake. —Gabriela Stefanescu, Webster, Texas
Featured In: Our Most-Loved Recipes for Zucchini
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 large onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the zucchini, half of the onions and 1/2 teaspoon oregano; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining vegetables. Return previously cooked vegetables to pan. Stir in salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and baking powder until blended; whisk in yogurt and flour just until blended. Stir in cheese, parsley and zucchini mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Greek Zucchini & Feta Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews forGreek Zucchini & Feta Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2018
"This was super tasty! Followed the directions exactly and it came out perfect. Works great as a side dish for grilled chicken."