Greek Veggie Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 12 pitted Greek olives
- 6 anchovy fillets, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumbers and onions. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, dill, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with the cheese, olives and anchovies.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 113 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 25, 2018
Great side dish that everyone in our family devoured! We love Greek food! I decided to omit the green peppers since we had used that veggie the night before--no biggie. I also used anchovy paste as part of the dressing instead of laying the anchovy fillets on top of the salad--same taste but in a form that is more tolerable to me. This way folks who say they don't like anchovies will get to enjoy some great flavor. This will be a keeper for us!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.