VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Freshly ground pepper
- Whisk together eggs, milk and salt. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Stir in spinach until wilted; remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, spoon vegetables on one side; sprinkle with cheese and olives. Fold to close; cut in half to serve. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek Veggie Omelet in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p77