- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 pound cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 2 whole gyro-style pitas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 slices red onion, halved
- 2 pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 2 pepperoncinis, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the turkey. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon turkey mixture onto each pita; top with tomato, onion, olives, pepperoncinis, lettuce and feta cheese. Fold in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGreek Turkey Pitas
"We love to have these during the summer months when it is just too hot to cook."