Greek Turkey Burgers with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- McCormick® Ground Cumin
- McCormick® Sea Salt from Sea Salt Grinder
- Additional McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Leaf lettuce, tomato and cucumber slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, feta, oregano, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Shape into four patties.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°.
- In bowl, season yogurt to taste with cumin, sea salt and additional pepper. Serve burgers on buns. Top each burger with yogurt mixture. Garnish with lettuce, tomato and cucumber if desired.
Jul 30, 2014
I rate these about a 4.5. My main reason being that I was looking for more of a Greek inspired turkey burger and the sauce had strong Indian food flavored component. I used all of the condiments suggested and served on a whole wheat bun. I broiled, in my broiler, about 7 minutes on each side give or take a minute. I used a foil lined sheet and greased with the olive oil in the recipe including spritzing the tops. The burgers were a bit herby, but I sprinkled with a little garlic salt and it helped the flavor. ty