"This recipe is quick and easy, and especially good if you use homegrown tomatoes," says Marilyn Morel of Keene, New Hampshire. "I like to serve this savory side at family barbecues or on camping trips. The tomatoes are delicious with grilled steak and roasted corn on the cob.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and seprated into rings
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Arrange tomato and onion slices on a plate. Sprinkle with the feta cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 91 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Greek Tomatoes in Light & Tasty August/September 2002
May 23, 2012
super easy to put together & tastes good
Oct 15, 2011
This tastes like we've traveled to Greece! We have this more than weekly when the fresh garden tomatoes are ripe.
Apr 22, 2008
Sounds simple and delicious.