- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 6 medium pitted whole ripe olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, oregano, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add red onion and green pepper; toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes, olives and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forGreek Tomato Salad
"Outstanding salad - everyone loved it! Made as is except used Stevia in place of sugar. Couldn't tell any difference and will definitely be making this often throughout the summer as our own garden tomatoes ripen."
"This is a family favorite and one requested at church summer picnics. My children fight over the dressing when the vegetables have all been eaten."
"Simple and tasty! Worth it."
"True Classic Greek salad!!!"