- 12 frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ravioli, spinach and olives; heat through, stirring gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGreek-Style Ravioli
"Nice change and yummy"
"Loved it! Nice change from just regular tomato sauce. I'm not fond of olives, however I enjoyed them in this recipe. I prepared a full bag of ravioli (maybe 22oz) and doubled rest of the ingredients. My husband kept commenting on how good it was. I look forward to the left overs too."
"This was really good! I am not a big fan of olives but in this recipe it really adds to the flavor. I used the italian sausage and greek olives. A definite keeper for my husband and me,"
"I made this twice so far and it is delicious! I made it once with frozen kale and once with baby spinach. I prefer the kale as it holds up better. Cooked it 4-5 mins. during the simmering of the tomatoes."
"I made this according to the recipe, but both my husband and I agreed that it was very bland. It had potential, but was definitely missing something (a lot of somethings!). Using sausage would help. Other possible additions might be onions, Italian seasonings, or basil. But as it stands, I would not need to make it again."
"Wonderful taste and great use of typically frozen ravioli."
"This is fantastic! So quick and easy to prepare. As suggested by two reviewers, I substituted the hamburger for Italian sausage and used Greek olives. I didn't have cheese ravioli, so I substituted Italian sausage ravioli. These are three of our favorite ingredients. This will go into my to-make-often file."
"We tried this today and it was a huge success!! So tasty! We even substituted the beef for sausage and it was perfect! We look forward to making it again."
"This is very flavorful! My husband is very picky and he loves this recipe. We make it at least once a month.Thank you for the recipe!"