- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; cut each into eight wedges and place in a shallow roasting pan. Top with olives and chicken. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. Drizzle over chicken and potatoes. Pour chicken broth around chicken into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGreek-Style Lemon-Garlic Chicken
"This recipe is soooo good that I joined this website just so I could leave this review! Seriously! I think this might be the best chicken I've ever eaten, in my life! Thanks!!!"
"Very tasty dish. The sauce is excellent. Prepared according to recipe, and thought cook time was appropriate. We like chicken tender and cooked through, not mushy, so this one is a keeper."
"This is my teenage son's favorite dish! I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds, instead of thighs. I usually add an extra clove or two of fresh garlic, as well. It smells, looks, and tastes wonderful! It's very simple to make., but feels like a "special occasion" dish."
"very easy and delicious. definitely a remake"
"What a delicious meal! We don't like olives so I replaced them with zucchini slices and based on other comments, only added 3/4 c. chicken broth and still had a lot of pan juices."
"I forgot to add the lemon juice, & it was still very tasty! I put 13 thighs in a 9 X 13 pan with 1/2 of the skin cut off (less fat but still gives moisture to chicken). I mixed the oil, garlic, & seasonings plus a few tablespoons of water & poured it over the chicken. Baked 65 minutes, uncovered, at 410 degrees. Perfectly golden & generated tons of liquid (without adding broth)."