Greek-Style Green Beans
I was captivated by this recipe since I'm both Italian and Greek. It has a decidedly Mediterranean flair. - Michele Scharf Lindenhurst, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small tomato, cut into eighths
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place the beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add the beans; saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat. Add the tomato, oregano, salt and pepper; cool 1 minute longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 111 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Greek-Style Green Beans in Reminisce July/August 2005