- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven burger ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGreek-Style Chicken Burgers
"I did not make the tzaziki sauce but used the recipe for the burgers by itself. Delicious! I baked them and served on whole wheat buns with guacamole, lettuce, and cheddar cheese. The whole family gobbled them down so I would absolutely make them again."
"absolutely would make this again, my family loved these. To save time I bought the tziki sauce. I put lettuce tomato cucumber & feta cheese on the burger then the tziki sauce, amazing!!!!"
"In traditional "tsatsiki" (cucumber sauce) there is no feta."