Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole pita breads
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup cucumber ranch salad dressing
- Shape beef into 12 patties. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, chopped tomato, onion, olives, oil and oregano. Top half of the patties with cheese mixture. Cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve each burger on a pita with lettuce, sliced tomato, cucumber and salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 607 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 854mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 1, 2009
I substituted ground lamb and use fresh baby spinach instead of lettuce. Grilled them in my grill pan. Made my own yogurt-cucumber sauce with a little dill and a splash of lemon juice. YUMMY!!