Greek Spaghetti Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a nonstick skillet, saute oregano and garlic in oil for 1 minute or until garlic is tender. Add the tomatoes, green onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil and lemon juice; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Drain spaghetti and add to tomato mixture. Add 3/4 cup feta cheese, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Transfer to serving plates. Sprinkle with remaining feta and parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 311 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Greek Spaghetti
"This is very flavorful! A great meatless main dish. I will be making this again!"