"Out of all our recipes for pasta, this simple meatless main dish is our favorite," writes Christa and Holley Hageman from Telford, Pennsylvania. "We can hardly wait for summer to arrive so we can use our garden-fresh tomatoes and minced basil in this recipe." The entree's Mediterranean flair comes from feta cheese, oregano, olive oil and lemon.
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a nonstick skillet, saute oregano and garlic in oil for 1 minute or until garlic is tender. Add the tomatoes, green onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil and lemon juice; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaghetti and add to tomato mixture. Add 3/4 cup feta cheese, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Transfer to serving plates. Sprinkle with remaining feta and parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Spaghetti in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p65
Reviews forGreek Spaghetti
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2015
"This is very flavorful! A great meatless main dish. I will be making this again!"