Greek Salsa Recipe
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat pita breads
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning and garlic; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, onion and olives. Drizzle with vinegar mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- 3. Cut each pita bread into eight wedges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining Greek seasoning. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2-3/4 cups salsa and 40 pita chips.
1/4 cup: 120 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Greek Salsa
"so good !"
"This was delicious. I made the following changes: red wine vinegar instead of balsamic, Penzey's Tuscan Sunset instead of greek seasoning and Kalamatra olives instead of black olives. I used only 1 teaspoon of the Tuscan seasoning. I think 2 1/2 teaspoons would be too much."
"You can buy Greek seasoning in many grocery stores on the baking aisle with the other herbs and spices. The brand name I get is Cavender's. and it comes in both regular and salt free. I've bought it in local Wal Marts and Krogers, so I'm sure it must be available in most large cities."
"How do you quarter a grape tomato? I agree add kalamata olives and Greek oregano and it's fine."
"Here's a link to a recipe for "greek seasoning"https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/greek-seasoning"
"Add a little lemon juice, and kalamata instead of ripe olives, cut out the balsamic and it's a perfect recipe. ;-)"
"What is Greek Seasoning? Sounds very good to me -- 4star"
"Sounds fantastic but what is Greek seasoning?"
"This was delicious! I would use this as a bruschetta topping! Had it with pita chips (Stacey's) rather than making my own and it got eaten up at a get together we had. Would definitely make this again."
"YUM!!! I made this as directed and it was a hit.... I can't wait for fresh tomatoes this summer. Just made this again and added a few diced pepperoncini ....gave it a really nice bite..... just right!!"
"I get requests to make this recipe all the time. It is great with pita chips or on a bed of romaine as a salad. I made it for one of my friends from Greece and he told his wife to get the recipe! You can not go wrong with this one it is great! I can not think of any tweeking suggestions to improve it - it is good just the way the recipe reads."
"This has become a family favorite. Ok - I admit I do not enjoy cutting up cherry tomatoes (so tedious), so I use regular tomatoes that have been deglopped and chopped or a can of petite diced tomatoes that have been drained."
"I like this so much - it's become a standard. If I don't have time to make the chips, I just serve it as a salad. I serve the olives on the side to accommodate people with a dislike for them."