Greek Salad with Orzo Recipe
- 4 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans, cooked
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 5 minutes. Add beans; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until orzo and beans are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, lemon juice and peel. Drain orzo and beans; rinse in cold water. Stir into tomato mixture. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4-5 servings.
3/4 cup: 311 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Greek Salad with Orzo
"We thought this was just ok. I think it needs a couple more tweaks to make it good. First, I think it would do best with asparagus, not green beans. I also think it would do well with halved cherry tomatoes instead of chopped tomato (the chopped tomatoes turned mushy after a while). The salad also needed extra vinaigrette because there wasn't much flavor. I also feel like it could have used one more vegetable and possibly some cheese. Maybe ripe black olives and feta? Either way it was missing some key ingredients. I'd try this again but with several tweaks."
"I thought this was really good. I needed to add some salt, pepper and a little extra dressing."
"No good where is the greek style come on"