Greek Salad with Bean Spread Pitas
For a healthy on-the-go meal, combine fresh Greek salad with zesty hummus. You can also serve the spread with crackers or as a dip with cut fresh vegetables. —Nicole Filizetti, Jacksonville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced green olives with pimientos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons sliced Greek olives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, cheese, artichokes, olives and oregano.
- Spread bean mixture into pita halves; add salad. Serve immediately.