Greek Pork Pockets
- 1/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 pita pocket halves
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1. Place Caesar dressing in a small bowl; add pork and toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook and stir 7-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Fill pitas with pork, cucumber and onion; drizzle with cucumber dressing.
Feb 1, 2012
I omitted the onion, cucumber, and ranch dressing and used a sauce called Tzatziki--Delicious!
Peel and deseed a cucumber
Food process and finely chop cucumber
Use a coffee filter to drain the liquid out of the cucumber
1 to 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine with a pinch of kosher salt. Grind garlic down to a paste
16oz sour cream
½ freshly squeezed lemon
2-teaspoon olive oil
Mix all ingredients together and season with salt to taste