Greek Pork Cutlets
Treat your family to a meal filled with Mediterranean flair when you serve up these succulent slices of pork. Our home economists created a garden-fresh cucumber sauce to go with the herb-seasoned entree.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut pork into eight slices; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the onion, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, thyme and pepper; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain pork and discard marinade. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with cucumber sauce.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 177 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Pork Sandwiches in Light & Tasty June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.