Greek Lemon Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/4 cups Greek vinaigrette, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium lemon, quartered
- 3 tablespoons sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pour 3/4 cup vinaigrette into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for basting.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4 minutes. Turn and baste with some of the reserved vinaigrette. Grill or broil 4-5 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting occasionally.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over chicken. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 366 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 4, 2011
Wow! The blend of flavors was fantastic!
Feb 20, 2010
This is a great recipe! Very flavorful and easy. I served this for the Mediterranean-themed night of our Supper Club, and everyone loved it. I used Kraft's Greek vinaigrette, which worked great. Also, I had never really cared for sun-dried tomatoes, but this recipe changed my mind! This is definitely a winner!
Jun 1, 2009
Ken's Salad Dressings has an awesome Greek dressing & marinade. I used that and it rocked!
May 8, 2009
Sounds great, and gives an alternative to baked chicken, however I am wondering if the Greek Vinaigrette referred to is a combination of olive oil, lemon, oregno, thyme, salt and pepper. Joel
May 8, 2009
What a great idea! I can't wait to try this version for a change in baked chicken!
May 7, 2009
You can do this with a whole chicken as well. Mix the Greek vinaigretee and the juice of one lemon. Place the lemon inside the chicken and then pour the vinaigrette over the chicken and bake in a 350* oven for about 90 minutes or until 160* meat Themometer
Jun 25, 2008
I made this recipe the other day. It had amazing flavor, and was extremely easy. I used sundried tomato vinaigrette and left out the sliced sundried tomatoes. Using the foreman grill it took 5 minutes flat! Couldn't ask for much more.