Greek Lamb Kabobs
We have a gas grill and use it year-round, especially to make these tender juicy kabobs. The lamb marinates overnight, and the attractive skewers can be quickly assembled the next day. —Kathy Herrola of Martinez, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oregano, oil and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add lamb; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain lamb, discarding marinade in bag. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade.