Greek Green Bean Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and orange pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Add green beans; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 70 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 28, 2011
They were to oily for our taste.
Jul 7, 2011
I made this twice and it was delicious. The 2nd time, I used more peppers. I used an orange pepper and a yellow pepper and it was great. I made it to go with the Lemon Caper Baked Cod which was also delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.