Lively flavors of the Greek Isles come through in this mouthwatering chicken entree from Margee Berry. “I created this dish so my husband and I could have a nice dinner after a busy day out and about.”—Margee Berry, Trout Lake, Washington
Recommended: 38 Greek-Style Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in 3/4 cup broth, olives, tomatoes, tapioca, lemon peel and oregano. Add chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining oil and broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greek Garlic Chicken in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p55
Reviews forGreek Garlic Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2009
"LOVED this. LOVED it! Have made it over and over again and love it each time. No alterations necessary. You have to try it."