Greek Feta Casserole
Cinnamon and feta cheese give this hot dish a special taste.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir in macaroni. Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. In a skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and cinnamon.
- Pour over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 12-16 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 442 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Greek Feta Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook