VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir in macaroni. Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. In a skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and cinnamon.
- Pour over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 12-16 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek Feta Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p184
Reviews forGreek Feta Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2009
"Delicious. I included a chopped onion when browning the meat. Make sure to double the recipe for leftovers."