Here's a spin on traditional bruschetta. Greek vinaigrette and ingredients make these crostinis one of a kind.—Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
Recommended: 25 Last-Minute Holiday Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Greek pitted olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat or crumbled feta cheese
- In small bowl, combine the cream cheese, vinaigrette and garlic. Stir in olives and red peppers just until blended.
- Spread butter over baguette slices; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread cream cheese mixture over toasts; sprinkle with goat cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is softened. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Greek Crostini in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p80