Greek Cheese Balls
This quick, easy party pleaser is best served with crackers, pita chips or pita bread cut in wedges.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes2 cheese balls (2-1/4 cups each)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the feta cheese, olives, cucumber, red peppers and pepper. Shape into two balls; roll in walnuts. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 107 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Greek Cheeseball in Country December/January 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.