The refreshing taste of these Mediterranean-flavored bites will have guests going back for seconds. But they can do so without guilt because this great appetizer is so healthful. Joy Shind - Smyrna, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 48 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 26 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Greek Bruschetta in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008
Jan 3, 2011
My daughter made this for her New Year's Eve party and it was a hit! The flavors are wonderful! I can't wait to make it myself soon.
Jan 2, 2011
Delish! We enjoyed this while watching the Ravens win!!!!!!!!