Grecian Potato Cups
If you like stuffed potato skins, you’ll love these little cups filled with feta cheese, spinach, onion and more. They’re easy for guests to take and enjoy from a buffet.—Nicole Filizetti, Grand Marais, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 8 medium red potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- Increase oven setting to 450°. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato crosswise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. (Save removed potato for another use.) If necessary, carefully trim bottom of cups so potatoes will sit upright. Rub 3 tablespoons oil over inside and outside of potatoes.
- Place potato cups on two 15x10x1-in. baking pans, cut side down; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn potatoes over; bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and oregano; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spinach and lemon juice; heat through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Spoon into potato cups. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Originally published as Crispy Grecian Potato Cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.