Grecian Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each), cut up
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 5 cups sliced unpeeled red potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon each paprika, salt, pepper and dried oregano
- 1. Place the chicken in a large shallow baking pan. Combine the lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper and oregano; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. For potatoes, place the onion in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange potatoes in rows over the onion, with slices slightly overlapping. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 338 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1408mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Grecian Chicken and Potatoes
"The potatoes were okay, but my husband Loved the chicken"
"Outstanding!! Everyone loved them.... did have to bake the potatoes a little bit longer but maybe I cut them too thick... will be making again. thanks!!"