- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each), cut up
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 5 cups sliced unpeeled red potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon each paprika, salt, pepper and dried oregano
- Place the chicken in a large shallow baking pan. Combine the lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper and oregano; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. For potatoes, place the onion in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange potatoes in rows over the onion, with slices slightly overlapping. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGrecian Chicken and Potatoes
"The potatoes were okay, but my husband Loved the chicken"
"Outstanding!! Everyone loved them.... did have to bake the potatoes a little bit longer but maybe I cut them too thick... will be making again. thanks!!"