Grecian Chicken and Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each), cut up
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 cups sliced unpeeled red potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon each paprika, salt, pepper and dried oregano
- Place chicken in a large shallow baking pan. Combine the lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper and oregano; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- For potatoes, place the onion in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange potatoes in rows over the onion, with slices slightly overlapping. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 338 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1408mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jan 16, 2014
The potatoes were okay, but my husband Loved the chicken
Apr 11, 2012
Outstanding!! Everyone loved them.... did have to bake the potatoes a little bit longer but maybe I cut them too thick... will be making again. thanks!!
Sep 28, 2009
The potatoes are excellent! An easy and elegant preparation. Make sure you use FRESH lemon juice, though, it makes all the difference. Get a juicer if you don't have one. For the chicken, next time I'm going to change the seasoned salt to 2 teaspoons.