- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Greek seasoning
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- Hot cooked orzo pasta, optional
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; saute until no longer pink, 7-9 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil; add next six ingredients. Cook and stir until onion is translucent, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute more. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 3-4 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; add olives. Simmer, uncovered, until chicken is heated through, 2-3 minutes. If desired, serve with orzo. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrecian Chicken
"Yummers. Qucik and easy. Great way to use garden fresh tomatoes, also I used canned diced during winter months."
"Delicious! The whole family loved this. I used a can of petite diced tomatoes with a tablespoon of tomato paste instead of the fresh tomatoes."
"Absolutely outstanding ! And, get this, it is so easy to cut the recipe down for just one or two, which I did. And, I had no fresh tomatoes so I just used some tomato sauce, added when I added the water, just before bringing the mixture to a boil. From one field editor to another, a real thumbs up !!"