Great Pumpkin Dessert
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups California Walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 385 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 24, 2019
This was excellent! I used pecans instead of walnuts and sprinkled a little brown sugar over the nuts and they candied perfectly! Will make again and again.
Oct 15, 2019
Cant click the stars but it's definitely 5 or more. Easy to make and soooooo tasty. Will be making this for all holidays AND everyday for us.
Oct 11, 2019
eassy and so yummy
Oct 5, 2019
I make a very similar cake, but I use Spice Cake Mix vs Yellow and because my family doesn't care for nuts in cake, I use golden raisins vs the chopped walnuts. I also make a glaze from powdered sugar, milk, melted butter, vanilla and cinnamon to drizzle on the cooled cake. YUM!
Jan 20, 2019
Dec 31, 2018
This was a big hit, only used 1/2 cup of sugar
Nov 12, 2018
I made this recipe for the first time and was a little disappointed in the results. I followed the directions as given in the recipe. It was just too sweet for my taste.
Oct 23, 2018
Tasty treat for fall! Love the ease of this dessert! Top with whipped cream or ice cream to elevate it!! Mmmmm good!
Oct 22, 2018
Everytime I pull up this recipe it only shows me three ingredients. What are the last 2 ingredients. I would like to make this sometime. Thanks.
Oct 11, 2018
I agree that the pumpkin mixture needs a dash of salt. I used a spice cake mix.