- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forGreat Pumpkin Dessert
"I have made this recipe several times. Foolproof, guest approved. It even made last years Thanksgiving table."
"Really good recipe! The pumpkin mixture needs about a 1/2 tsp salt-- the amt you would find in a typical pumpkin pie recipe."
"I didn't like this recipe. The flavor was good, but the texture just did not seem right. It was too soft. It had a texture like flan. It made me feel as if I was eating something under cooked. I Did Check It With A Knife In A Few Places And It Came Out Clean Each Time."
"What an easy and great dessert idea. This was delicious and oh so easy. The only thing I did different was instead of nuts on the top, I had leftover pecan sandie cookie crumbs from the cheesecake I had just made, and sprinkled those on top instead of nuts. Will definitely make this again. Can't stop eating it!"
"While this tasted pretty good, the bottom pumpkin part was very gooey and separated from the top part of the cake mixture. Would love to know the possible reason for that happening! If I could get it to come out of the pan without the pumpkin being so sloppy it would be perfect!"
"While this tasted pretty good, but bottom pumpkin part was very gooey and separated from the top part of the cake mixture. Would love to know the possible reason for that happening! If I could get it to come out of the pan without the pumpkin being so sloppy it would be perfect!"
"This was exceptional. It would be an excellent substitute for two pumpkin pies. The pumpkin layer is the same as in pie, and the cake mix and butter topping is perfect with it. I used the yellow cake mix, and made the recipe as written. It's best after an overnight chilling. I have actually made the dessert for myself, freezing the slices for snacking whenever I want."
"Tasty once you let it cool completely"
"This was very tasty and easy. I used half the sugar and half the butter, which was perfect--not too sweet and fewer calories."
"I did not add the cup of sugar, it was plenty sweet without it."