Our kids beg for these big brownies every year. I just bake brownie batter in a pizza pan, spread with orange-tinted frosting and let the kids design a pumpkin stem and jack-o'-lantern face using candy. —Darla Wester, Meriden, Iowa
Featured In: Pumpkin Halloween Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 9 green milk chocolate M&M's
- 57 dark brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudgelike brownies. Spread on a greased 12-in. pizza pan to within 1 in. of edges.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Tint frosting orange; frost brownie. For stem, arrange green M&M's in a square pattern at top of pumpkin. For each eye, arrange 10 brown M&M's in a triangle. For nose, arrange six brown M&M's in a triangle. Arrange remaining M&M's for a mouth. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Great Pumpkin Brownie in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p23
Reviews forGreat Pumpkin Brownie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2016
"Looked just like the picture and tasted great. I served it with ice cream to cut some of the sweetness."
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2013
"Fun, cute dessert for a Halloween themed meal."