Great American Brownie Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Whipped topping and maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, corn syrup and extract; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Drain chopped cherries on paper towels. Fold the cherries, almonds and chips into batter.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and cherries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 418 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 8, 2013
liked the extra ingredients - cherries, chips, nuts - didn't care for the texture, a little dry, so i served it with a dab of raspberry sauce.
Jul 3, 2013
I have not made this recipe yet...I know, I know...BUT, people are saying these are not good brownies. Well, surprise!!! It is not a brownie recipe, but a BROWNIE PIE recipe!!! And, if you don't like all the sugar...then just don't make it! DUH!
Jul 3, 2013
Karo Corn Syrup is NOT High Fructose...this is my choice as it is not processed to that stage of high fructose.
Jul 2, 2013
mullenpm please just make your own recipe. this site continues to have rude comments about recipes and those who submit.
Jul 2, 2013
This recipe contains not only sugar but high fructos corn syrup. Outrageous. A good brownie recipe does not need all that sugar.
Mar 28, 2011
I made these one night for my husband....needless to say, this is the only brownie he wants. When we go to friends gatherings, he always suggests I make these. People are always asking for the recipe.Absolutely delightful !!
Mar 20, 2011
this is a great pie and my choc-o-ohlic husband loved it, very easy to make also. a winner
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.