- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 15 drops green food coloring
- 24 chocolate-covered mint cookies, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in the food coloring. Coarsely crush 16 cookies; stir into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining cookies. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGrasshopper Pie
"Sounds great. Since I live alone, I will buy the smaller pie crusts and fill those so it will be easier for me to share with my friends and neighbors Think I will also use either the thin mints or the Girl Scout cookies."
"My daughter loves it when I use thin mints for this pie. It's delicious! ??"
"This was simple to make and very flavorful."
"Jlrb this recipe utilizes a purchased cookie crust. Feel free to substitute your own crust recipe if you prefer homemade."
"Really easy to make and tasted delicious!!!!!! This was the perfect cool treat on a hot day! I couldn't find a pack of 24 mint-choccolate cookies at our grocery store and instead bought a 15 cookie pack and just skipped putting the cookies on the top. I also substituted 2 cups of whipped cream for the whipped topping and it was divine!!! We will be making this again!"