I found the recipe for this salad starring stir-fried pork tenderloin years ago and have adapted it a bit since. My family often requests it-particularly in summer.
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, julienned
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium white grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1-1/2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the grapefruit juice, vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, poppy seeds and 1/8 teaspoon salt; shake well and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork with remaining salt until no longer pink.
- Place lettuce on a platter; top with warm pork. Arrange grapefruit, grapes and strawberries around pork. Shake dressing; drizzle over salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grapefruit Pork Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p39