- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated grapefruit zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt, poppy seeds, grapefruit zest and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix grapefruit juice and remaining sugar.
- Remove bread from oven. Immediately poke holes in bread with a fork; slowly pour juice mixture over bread. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forGrapefruit Poppy Seed Bread
"Very nice loaf but very milk Grapefruit flavor"
"Oh, my! This was real good!It was moist and flavorful and disappeared in one afternoon. We had more than enough grapefruit juice from one grapefruit so, after taking out the 2T. for the glaze, we put all of it into the batter and upped the cooking time a few minutes. (Only a few extra tablespoons of juice.) It tasted great."
"This is very moist and tasty. It had a unique citrus taste, and it was quickly snarfed up by my family. I'll probably make it again for Easter."
"I prepared this recipe exactly as directed. Moist and delicious."