Grapefruit & Fennel Salad with Mint Vinaigrette
My dad has a red grapefruit tree and shares his crop with me. I toss the grapefruit with onion, fennel and mint for a fresh, fabulous salad. —Catherine Wilkinson, Dewey, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium red grapefruit
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of the grapefruit; stand grapefruit upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane from grapefruit. Cut along the membrane of each segment to remove fruit. Arrange fennel, grapefruit and onion on a serving platter.
- Place mint, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small food processor; cover and process until mint is finely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad.