Grapefruit & Fennel Salad with Mint Vinaigrette
My dad has a red grapefruit tree and shares his crop with me. I toss the grapefruit with onion, fennel and mint for a fresh, fabulous salad. —Catherine Wilkinson, Dewey, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium red grapefruit
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of the grapefruit; stand grapefruit upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane from grapefruit. Cut along the membrane of each segment to remove fruit. Arrange fennel, grapefruit and onion on a serving platter.
- Place mint, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small food processor; cover and process until mint is finely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 114 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Fresh Red Grapefruit and Fennel Salad with Mint Vinaigrette in Taste of Home December 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.