Grapefruit Avocado Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 large red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. On four salad plates, arrange the lettuce, grapefruit, onion, and avocado. Drizzle with dressing.
May 10, 2010
I served this to my coworkers at lunch, to rave reviews! I used avocado oil instead of olive oil for a terrific dressing, that would be good on any salad. My only problem was trying to peel and section the grapefruit -- I had a mangled mess, but it sure tasted good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.