Grapefruit Avocado Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 large red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. On four salad plates, arrange the lettuce, grapefruit, onion, and avocado. Drizzle with dressing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 10, 2010
I served this to my coworkers at lunch, to rave reviews! I used avocado oil instead of olive oil for a terrific dressing, that would be good on any salad. My only problem was trying to peel and section the grapefruit -- I had a mangled mess, but it sure tasted good.